Friday, February 20, 2015

A Wacky Sledding Adventure

A Wacky Sledding Adventure
Caitlyn Moon
About two months ago I was at my cousin’s house. My cousin’s names are Ryan Carlson and Jeremy Jones. It had snowed!
    They had two purple sleds, so we went sledding! Their neighbors have a little, tiny forest in their backyard with a hill. There is a path that is cleared and it’s perfect for sledding. We got into our snow clothes and went outside. I stuck out my tongue to catch some snowflakes. We took our sleds over to their neighbor’s hill. It was completely COVERED with snow. I got my sled all ready to go. So did Ryan and Jeremy.
    “3...2...1...GO!” I yelled.
    We took off! I sped down the hill as fast as a bullet. At the bottom I was still going, so I turned to avoid a tree. I still didn’t stop! I tipped over on purpose to stop going. Ryan and Jeremy both forgot to stop. They crashed right into the tree I avoided! It was so funny! We went right back up to try again. 3...2...1...GO! Guess what?!?! Again, I steered away from the tree. And again, Ryan and Jeremy bumped into it! They kept on going for like a yard, then flipped over. This was even funnier than last time!
    “Hey guys,” I yelled, “Are you okay?”
    “That was awesome!” Ryan exclaimed. “Let’s do it again!”
    So, we got into position. We took off down the hill. This time I forgot to look ahead to see if there was a branch ahead of me. I slid right under one! When I tried to lift it, it was too heavy! Finally, I managed to slide out from under it. Of course when I looked over at Ryan and Jeremy, they had bumped into the tree and put a long scratch in it.
It was almost time to go inside, so we went down one last time. This time Jeremy and Ryan had FINALLY learned. They followed me around the tree and tipped over. I kept on going until I ran over some weeds.

This was a very weird, sledding adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment