Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Mars Opinion Piece

Mars Opinion Piece
In 2035 people will be able to live on our final frontier-Mars. Many people have already paid to move to the red planet, but one person who hasn’t and never will is …… me! I’m fine where I am with my feet on the ground, home sweet home on planet Earth.
My first reason for staying on Earth is the unknown dangers of Mars. The only information we have about Mars is from robots. The robots may not have seen everything, and may not have noticed any dangers. Since we don’t know a lot, the dangers on Mars could be endless.
Another reason for not going to the red planet is the crazy temperature. For instance, in the day it gets so hot, you’ll fry like an egg. At night, it gets so frigid you’ll turn into an iceberg. The crazy temperatures of Mars aren’t my favorite things.
Lastly, if I went to our final frontier, I’d miss my friends on Earth. On the red planet, it would be literally impossible to find friends as good as the ones I have on Earth. Also, on Mars there would be no lovely teachers at Vinton. My friends (and the great teachers) couldn’t be replaced by others on the red planet.
As you can see, I’ll be staying on Earth mainly because of the unknown dangers of Mars, the crazy temperatures, and missing my friends. So take my advice and when you have the opportunity to go to Mars, say, “No thanks, I’ll stay.”

By: Jacob Bernstein

No comments:

Post a Comment