Friday, January 30, 2015

If I Lived in a Snow Globe

If I Lived In a Snow Globe

By Jack Mattingly

Wosh,wosh, I feel the ground shaking and the snow blowing. I look out of the window and I see someone shaking me. Then, the snow globe I lived in got picked up then dropped a few seconds later. I hear a voice, “ I will like to buy this,” the man said.
Then another voice said, “It is $5.95”. So the man bought it.
He brought it to his car. He started to drive! It was a very bumpy ride so the snow was flying everywhere. While he was was driving I thought I should have never taken the potion they gave me, so I shrunk. They thought a snow globe was a perfect home for me to live. I was sent home to live with the scientist that made the shrink ray. I lived there with his wife and him for fifteen years.
Then, one day an experiment went wrong and the scientist that raised me died.  After that the wife forgot all about me. She sold me to a store manager, so that is why I was in a store.
After that story I tried to cheer myself up by building a snowman but it was hard to build it because the car was moving.
Then, all of a sudden, the car stopped! A piece of glass broke. I climbed out of the snow globe and looked out of the window of the car. I saw the science building right out the window.  I saw a very, very little crack at the bottom of the door. I took a deep breath and jumped out of the crack! I landed on the road. I ran as fast as I could to the sidewalk.
Then, I walked into the grass. It took me about 15 minutes to get to the door of the science building. I waited until someone came to go inside the science building.
Finall,y someone came and then I ran as fast as I could to get through.
Once I was in the science building, I had to think of a plan. Bingo, I thought of an idea. My idea was to find the shrink ray, put it on reverse and then I would be full size again. I thought again, “Where is the shrink ray?”  Then, I said to myself,  “It must be in the inventory room because it is more than 15 years old.”
I looked around for a moment and then I saw the storage room where all the inventions are. I ran there and slid under the door. Luckil,y there was a list where all the inventions were kept.  I looked for the word shrink ray on it. I finally found the word “shrink ray” and it said it was on row seven number three. I looked for row seven and I found it.
I looked for number three. There it was on the shelf on row seven number three! I climbed up on the shelf, set it on reverse, set it for one minute because it would take me a while to get down.
Finally I set it on go and ran down into the right place. I did it in about 45 seconds so I counted from 15. 3…2...1... What, it did not work?
I climbed up to the top to see what is wrong and I saw that some wires were broken so I went to the sign that told me where the shrink ray was.
I looked for a while until I saw the word wires. I looked which row it was on and it said that it was on row 1, number 9. I went to row 1 and looked at each number. 123456789! I saw the wires and ran as fast as I could to the shelf!
Then, I climbed up the shelf as fast as I could until I got to the top. I looked into the wire box and I saw the wire I needed so I grabbed it. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH I fell in!
Since I was so little I was sinking in the wires. I struggled to get out! Finally, I got out! I grabbed the wire I needed and threw it over the box just like a ladder. I went up the pole and made it over in relief! I climbed right back down the shelf with the wire on my back.
When I made it down I went back to row 7 number 3. I was so tired that I had to go up one more shelf to put it in the new wires.  I climbed up the shelf and put the new wire in. I had to be careful not to shock myself.
I set it for 1 minute again. I pressed go and ran down the shelf, this time I got down with 5 seconds left. This time I counted down from 5. 5...4...3...2...1...BAM!
I WAS BIGGER AGAIN!!! I tried to sneak out but I got caught! I said, “I work here and I left something here so I had to go get something.”  It worked!
Then I went out of the building. I agreed to myself that I would buy a house from the money that the scientist that raised me gave me.  I also told myself that that I would run a snow globe shop. Ten years later, I beat the world record for the biggest snow globe ever and now it is at my house.  

No comments:

Post a Comment