Friday, January 30, 2015

My Grandpa's Job 2

My Grandpa’s Job 2
The New Puppies
My Grandpa’s dog Maddie just had puppies!!! This is his 93rd litter. All of the seven puppies are black and some have white. I can’t believe there are seven Tibetan Terrier puppies at my grandpa’s house. The mom usually growls to protect their puppies, but Maddie remembered me.
When puppies are young they need to be kept in heat, so my grandpa uses a heat lamp. The mom can get hot so we put a blanket over some of the cage to keep her cool if she needs it.
They can’t be held to much when they are only a week old. Two of the puppies are really small. My Grandpa was worried that if they didn’t get bigger (even if its slowly) they would die. Luckily, they are getting bigger slowly.
My brother and I get to name them before my Grandpa sells them. We split the litter in half. I get to name one boy and three girls.  I am naming  the boy, Muddy Boots, the small girl Mini, and the other girl,s Lulu and Alix. The one that I named after Alix Lynch peed on my white shirt. It made me very angry, but they don’t have their eyes open, so it’s not their fault.

By, Clara Shangold

No comments:

Post a Comment