Friday, February 19, 2016

The Big Bike Race

The Big Bike Race
                                                                                        
                                                  By Jack Mattingly

CRASH!!
“AHHH, MY KNEE!” I shouted in pain not like any other. It felt like a knife stabbing me in the knee. I had fallen off my bike when I was sprinting on my bike going downhill and scraped my knee very badly.
“Are you alright!” Lowe turned around to say as quick as she could because she was worried.
I did not answer because I was in a lot of pain. I got back on my bike slowly  at first and still silent trying to avoid the pain but when I got used to it I started to go at normal speed and talked to her. The first thing I asked was if I was going to get a scar. After a moment or two she answered, “NO, or I do not think so.”
Micha soon caught up with us and I got off my bike to show him what happened. We rode our bikes together for a while together checking on my knee every so often and kept seeing blood drip down from my leg and stained my clothes on. At the last 500 meters or so I exclaimed,“Let's have a race!”
Once they both said yes I started to count down, “3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . . GO!!!”
The race was on and I was in the lead. Lowe and Micha slowly came up next to me. Micha dropped out of the pack saving his energy so it was me and Lowe. Micha started sprinting on his bike right next to me, and I wanted to sprint but it was too big of a risk because that was the same way I had hurt my leg. I was going as fast as my legs would take me and I caught up with Micha and Lowe who was in last place. Micha and I were right next to each other for the final 100 meters. I started to take a big risk by sprinting but it lead me to victory!
“I WIN!” I shouted forgetting all about my knee for a moment or two until a cloud of sadness went over me. It stayed that because we did not have the key, our parents had the key so we could not get inside the beach house.
I saw a lizard and chased after it and soon caught it and showed it to Lowe and Micha but then it hopped out of my hands and ran at top speed for its dear life. It ran under the car. I searched under the car forgetting my knee for about ten minutes and found it and then it ran out the other way and climbed up a tre,e or, that is what I think it did. I gave up and soon heard a shout and then I began to cheer. It was my parents and I yelled out to him, “Hey, guys, what took you long?! I have a very bad scrape on my knee.”
My dad rode over to me as fast he could. and told me to get into the bathroom as quick as possible and try not to drip blood everywhere so he could clean my knee out. It was not as bad as I thought it was going to be and asked Micha if he wanted to play a game called Goodgame Empire and he said,”Yes!” and the game was on.

No comments:

Post a Comment